The war in Gaza is also a war on public opinion.This war is fought fiercely on social media sites, news channels, and street demonstrations in places far away from the battle field.
While it seems that Israel is having a tough time getting the US Administration support, the American people have more favorable view of Israel’s position as the poles below show. It seems that the American public has a longer memory than the Administration. After all, only few years ago, Iraqi and Afghan terrorist organizations used the same tactics of hiding behind women and children while firing at American soldiers.
Recent PEW poll provides the following:
- 40% of Americans say that Hamas is responsible for the current violence.
- 19% say that Israel is responsible for the violence.
Recent GALLUP poll provides the following:
- 42% of Americans say that Israel’s actions in Gaza are justified.
- 39% of Americans say that Israel’s actions in Gaza are not justified.
- 11% of Americans say that Hamas actions against Israel are justified.
- 70% of Americans say that Hamas actions against Israel are not justified.
Click on pictures to zoom in