Many years passed since that awful day in October 1973 when that terrible war begun, but the Yom Kippur war is still with us. For the people who lived through it the war will never be forgotten. It is a constant reminder that nothing should be taken for granted and that the survival of the State of Israel is dependent on having a strong army – nothing really changed from biblical times when one small Jewish nation was surrounded by enemies.
The following is a four part series about the war as told by the people who were there. It was produced by the Israeli TV channel Artuz 2 in 2003.
The videos below are in Hebrew. For articles in English about the Yom Kippur war click on the links below.
- The Zvika Force (koach Zvika): Legend or Fake?
- The great tank battles of the Yom Kippur War of 1973
- Itzhak Hofi – An IDF General and Head of the Mossad
- The Battle on Mount Hermon in the Yom Kippur War of 1973 – The courage of the Golani soldiers under fire
- David “Dado” Elazar: A Profile of a Leader
- The difficult war that brought peace: The Yom Kippur War of October 1973